12 January 2010

Day 1

Well... that was a long day. Just getting adjusted in taking me some time. The time difference is especially daunting. And the bus system is a bit hard to figure out. They don't really have any bus maps... really. It's weird. So you just have to figure it out. My host people have helped out with that, which is nice.

Not much to say. It's super interesting being here, but I am feeling a homesick. I know this is probably going to be an amazing experience, but the jet lag is killing me still, and I really can't wait to get back to Bennington.

In the meantime, I've got to get in some more exploring while I'm here, for sure. I'm looking forward to getting a lot of relaxing into this weekend, so that I can feel more prepared for the weekdays next week. Jumping right into it has gotten me all addled and stressed. But that's life, and I know I can deal until I fully adjust. The copious amounts of coffee and tea my hosts and boss are giving me certainly help. And doing work from home will be very, very nice.

Anyway, just putting in a short-ish entry to fill up space. I can't wait to get to a session at a pub at some point. I need to hear me some Irish music!!

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment